Sunday 1 May 2011

Ten Very Lovely Ladies

Yesterday was wonderful.  Slept in for the first time in forever, then hung around home with Shell until it was time to leave - meeting a bunch of women who are doing the 12WBT in the Penrith area.

I'll admit it - I was terrified.  I thought I'd be the only teen among a bunch of 50-somethings, and nothing in common bar excess weight.  Imagine my (pleasant) surprise to find the most amazing group of women!! A few were around my age, some a little older, and some a little older again.  But it was just incredible to see how immediately we all got along. 

Upon the initial meeting, I was withdrawn - I mean, who were these women? I immediately started to regret my decision.  I wanted to fake an emergency, run away - just like I always have. But then Mish appeared in my mind - 'NO MORE EXCUSES' - I wasn't going to let the fact that I hadn't met these women ruin my chances of success. 

So there I was, scared out of my mind, feeling rather out numbered - they all looked amazing and I just felt bloated and yuck.  Two had participated in Round One - and next to them I just looked awful.  But in 12wbt style, I pasted a smile on my face, and started talking through the nerves...

There's something to be said for common interests. Brining a bunch of ten strangers together - we were there for three hours - just talking like we'd been friends for years.  It was... I'm running out of new words..  But it was just the best feeling. 

Erin and Lisa, who'd done Round One of the challenge were so keen to share everything they'd learnt so far, and we were lucky enough to see Erin's before and after photos, which was incredibly inspirational.  I was so impressed with everyone - we all made fantastic choices in lunch, and it was great to see people leaving their chips and breads etc on the plate.  I can't talk - I ate all mine... Though it was delicious!

We eventually parted ways, agreeing to meet once a week for a gourp training session - I can't wait!!

Here's to ten very lovely ladies, soon to be ten VERY sexy ladies!

-Caty x

No comments:

Post a Comment