Sunday 1 May 2011

I'm On My Way (Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh)

Yayyyyyy!! I am SO proud of myself.  It's not much, but I got up early, and walked for an hour after I dropped Michelle at work this morning. 

I went looking at various gyms yesterday in search of my new second home.  World Gym was recommended to me yesterday, and they certainly didn't disappoint.  Super long opening hours; so I can fit in training around work, amazing atmosphere; I actually felt like I should be there, the staff; one spent almost 40 minutes showing me around and talking me through everything so i didn't feel so out of place!  This week they're celebrating their third birthday with a free week - so I'm off to the gym this afternoon - and every morning before work this week, to test it out.  I'm thinking this will be it though!

Every where else I went wound up being closed, but upon further research, they either weren't open early/late enough, or, like in the case of Fitness First, were just plain rude.  The staff there made me feel stupid for wanting to join a gym, and who wants to work out in that kind of atmosphere?

But back to this morning.... I woke up at ridiculous o'clock - unintentionally too! Did the usual, including a super healthy breakfast (yay!).  By 5:45 we were out the door and on our way to Shell's work! I couldn't believe myself - the sun wasn't even up!!

Went to 24hour K-Mart to get some walking pants - thank God they don't fall down! And then hit the pavement.  I walked... and walked and walked and walked.  It was great! The cool (or maybe slightly too cold) morning air, music blaring from my iPhone, and the warmth in my legs from the constant movement. 

I'm eternally greatful for Michelle's lesson last night - she taught me a whole bunch of stretches, and we bought a gym ball - which possibly saved my legs today!! I'm super keen to keep going, but let's just say: I'm VERY excited for when my body gets over the shock of exercising!

I'm about to complete Pre-Season Task Three.  Wish me luck in my goal-setting!

-Caty x

No comments:

Post a Comment