Tuesday 24 May 2011

The response. Becky B - You're AMAZING!

Hi Caty

I too switched the alarm off on Monday and Tuesday morning… I love exercising in the cold weather but I also enjoy snuggling up under my doona for “5 more minutes” which often turns into an hour.  Nutrition is a large contributing factor to weight loss and you’re sticking to the meal plan, which is great! Keep it up!

The exercise routine will come, how fast is up to you.  Consistency is the key… challenge yourself to go every morning for the rest of the week, you’ll probably be exhausted for the first week or two, but before long your body will automatically wake you up at 4:30am and you’ll want to go because you’ll enjoy going and starting your day with a workout. 

I have to wake up at 4:50am to get ready to go to the gym or go for a walk as well.  I’m usually quite useless dressing myself at that hour of the morning grin so I have my clothes and everything I need ready to go so I don’t have to think.  At times I even put my alarm somewhere in my room where I physically have to get up to switch it off. 

It’s good to have a couple of workout DVDs, you can add them to your routine a couple of mornings a week, then you don’t have to drive to the gym every morning.  Chris and Gonnabannda’s idea of taking a walk in your lunch break is a great idea! I don’t know why I don’t do this, I work in such a beautiful area by the river! I’m definately going to start doing this.

When it comes to meals, like Andi has suggested, I look at the meal options and do batches which I pop in the fridge or freezer. 

Plan and organise your week in advance, on the train on your way to work is a perfect opportunity to do this.  It takes me an hour to get to work, I use to catch the train and it’s surprising what and how much you can do when taking public transport for an hour each way per day. 

Schedule your workouts, and treat them as you would your work commitments and girls guides – you can’t not show up!  Looking at your week ahead you’ll also know what pre-prepared meals you’ll need, and when you’ll need to prepare them – schedule that in too. 

Everything else will need to fit in around your diary.  I’m a big believer of the saying “If you want something done, ask a busy person”  so I have no doubt you’ll be able to fit everything into your week that you need to!
Best wishes, you can do this.  We all can. 

Becky B

No comments:

Post a Comment